Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) lies a lot. This isn’t exactly news to anyone. But rarely does this all get pulled together in one place for analysis. This is why MPP has the Michele Bachmann Bizarro World.
The Minnesota media won’t track her lies, so we do.
So what lies did she tell in 2010?
- She said that Medicare and Social Security are going to fail.
- She claimed President Obama’s trip to India cost $200 million per day.
- She compared financial reform to fascism under Mussolini in Italy.
- She said “the left in this country is throwing in with common cause with these radical elements of Islamic extremism.”
- She described an aid bill to help states keep their teachers as “taxpayer money will essentially be laundered through the public employee unions, and spent to reelect those same Democrats this fall.”
- She claimed she wasn’t anti-union.
- She claimed that US corporate tax rate is 40% even though no corporations may that percent.
- She characterized a $1.2 billion settlement with black farmers for discrimination as “riddled with fraud.”
- She campaigned on an earmark ban. Now safely reelected, she’s trying to weasel out of that ban.
- She argued that foodstamps do not help the economy when in fact every $1 produces $1.84 for the economy.
- She said “Speaker Pelosi … has been busy sticking the taxpayer with her $100,000 bar tab for alcohol on the military jets that she’s flying.”
- She claimed that 30% of doctors would leave medicine if “government took over health care.”
- She claimed that “President Obama’s bill won’t bring down the costs (of health care) for average Americans — or really for very few Americans, if any.”
- She claimed that 1 million people attended Glenn Beck’s DC rally in August of 2010.
- She called the $20 billion BP gave to an independently monitored fund to clean up BP’s oil spill extortion.
- She continued to claim throughout 2010 that health care reform was a government takeover of health care.
- This is a double back flip lie. She claims that she just uses what Democrats say against them. In fact, she consistently just makes stuff up and claims it is what Democrats say.
- She claimed the the G20 Summit held in June 2010 was really a meeting to set up a one world government.
I’m sure I’m missing a few, possibly even many. As I’ve said before a basement full of Red Bull and Cheeto fueled bloggers couldn’t keep up with her lies. And at this point it’s only MPP, Dump Bachmann, City Pages and Minnesota Independent even trying.