“semi-automatic”? Yeah, “right.”

by TwoPuttTommy on February 9, 2013 · 6 comments

Look closely, to the picture to the right: “legal to own and use.”

What that stock does, is change a semi-automatic weapon into what I refer to as a “loop-hole legal machine gun.”

Now, I’m not going to get into a circular argument about definitions; about what a “machine gun” & “sub-machine gun” & “automatic weapon” are and are not and other  odd, assorted semantics (“it’s not called teh clip; it iz teh magazine!!”).

What I am going to point out is that sometimes, as most rational people know, technology DOES change – and technology has changed what an assault rifle is and what it now is legally capable of.

Watch the following three YouTubes – yes, it’s going to take more than just a few minutes – and then, in the comments, tell me what you think of what you just saw.

I’ve thought about this for quite a while, and here’s what I believe:  any semi-automatic weapon that can be legally modified with a slide-style stock needs to be banned.

Excuse me:  EVERY semi-automatic weapon that can be legally modified with a slide-style stock needs to be banned.

I know the Thompson submachine gun was banned decades ago; I believe it’s time to ban these loop-hole legal machine guns too.

This YouTube shows how to “bump fire” an AR15 without a slide stock:

This YouTube shows bump firing at the next level, with a slide stock:

This YouTube shows how easy it is, to put together the loop-hole legal machine gun:

Semantics?  Could care less about ‘em.  These are loop-hole legal machine guns.

Your thoughts?

JeffStrate February 9, 2013 at 7:24 am

Two Putt is correct, let’s close the loopholes.  I hope TPT can get help to send this post to legislators and lobbyists and churches who live outside and operate outside the DFL-liberal-gun control cocoon.

I happen to think that there ought to be a federal law that requires any gun hobbyist who appears in or produces YouTube fare on how to modify a gun into a target killing and human killing weapon should only be permitted to use Nerf guns and Nerf bullets.

My Chicago Land confederate, a guy named Nunzio who knows his guns, claims that these kind of video clowns who show off their weapons in videos, pack small, very personal packages.  Enough said.

TwoPuttTommy February 9, 2013 at 10:19 pm

and it’s only been viewed only 4,376,099 times….

“So you see with this thing you get some crazy rate of fire…”

This, Gentle Readers, is what the GunNuts want to keep legal.

It’s only a matter of time until AR15′s et al modified this way show up at a mall, hopefully not near you and you not in it….

….because, and make no mistake – the GunNuts think EVERYBODY has a right to have one (or more) of these, with no safety training required.

give2attain February 11, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Those are cool!!!  I wonder if my wife will let me get one.  I am guessing she would see the hobby as too expensive though. Thanks for giving me a Christmas list idea.

ericf February 12, 2013 at 3:08 am

like a gun made for shooting loads of children in a very short time.

Yes I know, you can shoot lots of adults in a short time too with one of these things. No saner country would allow these things to be legal. What does it say about some people that they reacted to a gun massacre by wanting the same weapon?

give2attain February 12, 2013 at 9:21 am

I replied at the top level.  Sorry

give2attain February 12, 2013 at 9:19 am

I saw gun enthusiasts getting an adrenaline rush by shooting targets and a pond.  Now I can see how an environmentalist could be upset if those were lead bullets being placed in the water.  However I am pretty sure no people were harmed by this hobby, except maybe their shoulder.

Let’s focus on getting the mentally ill treatment, instead of keeping sane people from enjoying their hobbies.