Rep. Chip Cravaack (R-MN/NH) called the Obama Administration’s order that all insurance plans offer birth control “an act of federal aggression.” Cravaack is a Tea Party Republican so it isn’t surprising that he’d use this violent, over-the-top language. This also isn’t the first time that Cravaack has used hysterical language to describe something.
- Called an Obama recess appointment “an unprecedented abuse of executive power“ despite the fact that Republicans do it more often.
- Tried to claim that no Republican plan he knows of calls for the end of Medicare despite the fact that he supports the Ryan Plan which would end Medicare.
- Said that a debt ceiling bill would risk “cutting 50 percent in current military spending.” MPR rated the claim as false.
- Claimed that the sale of Duluth-based Cirrus to a Chinese company might lead to this “type of technology being used for military evolution [sic] against our troops.” Despite the fact that the Chinese already have the technology which he was referring to.
- Asserted that the Ryan Plan to end Medicare would give Americans the same health care he receives as a member of Congress. MPR rated the claim false.